The North Central IPM Center's priorities are identified through broad, regional stakeholder input. These priorities are based off of the Center's Signature Programs, which represent the focus areas that the Center will focus on throughout every funding cycle. These priorities undergo an annual review from regional and national stakeholders. The continued evaluation of these priorities allows the Center to remain dedicated to prioritizing and supporting the needs of the North Central IPM community.
Center's 2021 Priorities
- Increase knowledge and resources in invasive species management, while prioritizing emerging and re-emerging pests throughout the nation.
- Increase and improve outreach and resources to slow the development of pest resistance in the region.
- Expand resources for the protection of pollinators and monarch butterflies, and advocate for the adoption of pollinator-oriented conservation strategies in the region.
- Improve and advocate for advanced technologies that address IPM issues.
- Identify and communicate with diverse audiences and expand innovation throughout all levels of IPM.