|New manager position available with an independent non-profit organization working to improve sustainability in agriculture and communities through Integrated Pest Management (IPM). Primary responsibilities will be providing leadership for and oversight of the organization’s community IPM programs, actively engaging the broader IPM community and building and maintaining strong relationships with both federal and private funders. The ideal candidate will possess experience in the field of IPM with an understanding of issues related to structural and landscape IPM.
1. Community IPM Program Development and Administration
a. Lead development and marketing for the Institute’s community IPM programs working with scientists, educators, professional organization leaders, schools, healthcare and other facilities, pest management professionals, and other professionals in the field.
b. Establish and implement structured and sustainable fundraising strategies to grow our resources and capacity to achieve our mission and objectives.
c. Participate in strategic planning to ensure that our organization achieves its mission, and makes consistent and timely progress toward its goals.
d. Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Director and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
e. Continuously improve a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in structural and landscape pest prevention.
f. Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with groups and organizations that share the Institute’s mission as well as identifying new opportunities for collaboration.
g. Manage community IPM projects, including tracking objectives, developing timelines, budgets and progress, reporting to funders and collaborators, coordinating regular conference calls, drafting publications and other written materials and developing outreach campaigns.
h. Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
2. Lead project team and collaborators to establish Stop School Pests as the leading training program for pest prevention in K-12 schools.
3. Manage facilitation of the National School IPM Working Group and North Central School IPM Working Group to successfully achieve missions and priorities.
4. Manage facilitation of the Public Tick IPM Working group to achieve its mission and priorities.
5. Lead project team and collaborators to refine and grow Green Shield Certified and IPM STAR over time to improve pest prevention in facilities and landscapes.
o Prioritize and focus our activities to set and achieve reasonable objectives including meeting commitments for outputs and outcomes within existing resources including staff time and budget.
o Work with bookkeeping and accounting staff to track budgets, document expenses and update projections on monthly basis.
o Work with Office Manager and Project Director to successfully recruit and hire project team members as needed.
o Respond to inquiries professionally and in a timely manner.
o Support project team in execution of project objectives and direction.
o Follow writing style guide and office manual procedures. Notify Office Manager of opportunities to update and refine office manual procedures.
o Maintain productive relationships with staff, collaborators, clients and funders.
o Meet requirements for confidentiality and non-disclosure.
o Maintain a neat and clean workspace.
o Provide courteous and professional telephone reception as needed.
o Respond to requests from president, office manager and staff to support Institute projects as needed.
o Participate in self-performance reviews including updating position description, setting short and long-term project and professional development objectives, identifying strengths and opportunities, and evaluating performance against objectives.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s Degree in biological sciences related field with management-level experience or above. (Will consider life experience in lieu of formal education.)
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking, advocacy and decision-making skills
• Highly motivated and self-directed
• Ability to envision change and work creatively to enhance the mission of the organization
SALARY AND BENEFITS
• IPM Institute offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
• Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position to the address below. Position will remain posted until filled.
• Submit resumes via email@example.com
• We will not contact references without prior approval. All applications will