Dear NCIPMC Partners and Friends,
During my 18 years with the North Central IPM Center (NCIPMC) I have had the pleasure of collaborating on many interesting and impactful integrated pest management projects. A few notable efforts of the NCIPMC include:
- Addressing numerous invasive species issues including the development of the Regional/National Pest Alert series.
- Raising the visibility of new crop protection technologies and current issues in pest management such as resistance in the recent CAST publication, Crop Protection Contributions toward Agricultural Productivity.
- Continuing to improve our IPM tools and their implementation through the NCIPMC’s Critical Issues Grants Program.
- Establishing a strong network of dedicated professionals who are quick to share their expertise and respond to pest management issues that benefit our region and beyond through our NCIPMC Working Groups.
- Assisting Tribal Nations with pest management issues that impact their cultural and traditional practices.
Effective August 31, 2018, I stepped down as Director of the NCIPMC and have turned over leadership over to my long-time Co-Director Lynnae Jess of Michigan State University along with Daren Mueller and Laura Jesse Iles of Iowa State University. I will remain at the University of Illinois through 2019 finalizing reports and working to close out the current NCIPMC grant so I look forward to our continued collaborations on those existing projects.
Thank you for making my time with the North Central IPM Center so fun and memorable, Sue