Please consider joining us in Nashville, TN December 12th-14th, 2018 for the Innovations in Invasive Species Management Conference to be held at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center. You can find all the details on our conference website atwww.invasiveplantcontrol.com/conference18/
If you have a newsletter, email list or some other form of communication with your members or partners, would you please forward the information about the 2018 Innovations in Invasive Species Conference below? Thanks and please contact me (Steven Manning, email@example.com, 615-969-1309) if you have any questions.
Innovations in Invasive Species Management Training
December 12-14th, 2018
Gaylord Opryland Hotel
Registration is Open
We invite you to join us for the second annual Innovations in Invasive Species Management Training to be held in Nashville, TN December 12-14th, 2018 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. This year’s meeting will be co-hosted by theNational Military Fish and Wildlife Association’s Invasive Species Working Group the Tennessee Invasive Plant Councilthe Southeast Exotic Pest Plant Council the National Association of Invasive Plant Councils, the National Invasive Species Council, and Invasive Plant Control, Inc.
Click here to view the 2018 Training Draft Agenda
Click here to view the 2018 Innovations Training Website
To register for the Innovations in Invasive Species Management Training and Workshop please visit Eventbrite by clicking on the following link: Click here to register for the 2018 Innovations in Invasive Species Training
Who Should Attend?
- Department of Defense Land Managers
- Department of Transportation
- Public and private land managers
- Not for profit land managers
- Municipal staff (parks and recreation, public works, inland wetlands/conservation commissions)
- Nursery, tree and landscape professionals
- Landscape architects and designers
- State and federal employees
- Members of conservation organizations
- Educators, students
- Gardening enthusiasts
- Private landowners
- Concerned citizens
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS Pesticide Recertification Credits and other Continuing Education Credits will be offered.
Hotel and Conference Location
Gaylord Opryland Hotel The hotel is offering the equivalent to the prevailing state and federal per diem which is currently $170 per night. Click here to make reservations Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Experience the finest in Southern hospitality at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee. Our premier Opryland hotel offers guests an unforgettable getaway with all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Located only 10 minutes from the airport and featuring an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping, recreational activities and entertainment, there’s never a shortage of things to do at our resort. After unwinding at Relâche Spa & Salon, practice your swing at Gaylord Springs Golf Links, make a splash at our indoor or outdoor pool, hit the gym at our state-of-the-art fitness center, or explore our nine acres of lush, indoor gardens and cascading waterfalls.
Call for Presentations
Call for papers for the general session is full but we are still accepting abstracts for the outdoor equipment demos or oral presentations on tools and equipment as well as abstracts for the poster session.
We are also accepting abstracts for oral presentations pertaining to military installations
Types of proposals we are seeking:
- Invasive Species Management on Military Installations
- Outdoor Equipment Demonstrations
- General Session Oral Presentations on Innovative Equipment 15 minutes in length
- Poster Presentations
- Deadline for submission of Field Demonstration and Poster Presentation Abstracts is November 5th, 2018
- Oral Presentations on Innovative Tools and Equipment will be 15 minutes. Presentations will be included in a relevant general oral session, or in an organized oral session if appropriate.
- Poster Presentations will be displayed throughout the conference in the main Ballroom. We ask that you be present during the session to present your poster and answer questions. Posters should be no larger than 4×4 ft.
- Outdoor Equipment Demonstrations will occur on Friday December 14th on the Opryland Grounds and at local parks in the hotel vicinity. If you are interested in offering an equipment demonstration please contact Steven Manning
For Symposia and Organized Oral Sessions, abstracts must be submitted for each presentation.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically to Steven Manning. Your email must include the document in the format described below, with this subject line:
- Subject: (presenter’s last name) and type of submission (i.e. organized oral session, symposium, workshop, general oral session, or general poster session)
Abstract Content and Style for Papers and Posters
Each submitted abstract must include the following. Please carefully adhere to these guidelines: Attach your abstract in Microsoft Word, using one-inch margins and Times New Roman 10 pt. font. Single space the abstract and separate each section with a single line space.
- Title of Presentation
- Author or Authors
- Contact information
- Abstract (to be published in the conference program)
- Speaker Bio
For more information please contact Steven Manning at 615-969-1309 or firstname.lastname@example.org