Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
Recruitment/Posting Title Research Analyst
Job Category Staff & Executive – Research (Laboratory/Non-Laboratory)
Department SEBS – IR-4
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrating a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Research Analyst to provide support to the IR-4 Project. This position oversees certain national activities for the IR-4 Project to gain regulatory approval of crop protection technology on fruits, vegetables, nuts, herbs and other specialty food crops. Specifically, the Research Analyst reviews and assembles research data, writes and submits regulatory packages suitable for submission to worldwide regulatory agencies and assists registrants with product labeling.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Manages IR-4 sponsored magnitude of the residue studies including drafting the research protocol, soliciting comments on proposed research, finalize the protocol, provide technical oversight of ongoing field research at various locations throughout the United States, coordinate sample collection, storage and shipment, and data collection.
• Provides technical oversight of analytical laboratory activities and critical reviews of field and laboratory data.
• Ensures that research proceeds as close to planned as possible and the resulting data meets US Environmental Protection Agency regulations and guidelines.
• Utilizes data developed in an IR-4 sponsored magnitude of the residue studies and develops final reports that can be submitted to US Environmental Protection Agency to facilitate establishment of crop tolerances and registrations.
• Serves as a member of the Product Performance Team and participates in the development of insect management efficacy data and when necessary crop safety data.
• Drafts product performance research protocols, coordinating research, reviewing data and drafting summaries to support approval for potential registrations.
• Participates in assessment of feasibility of pest management potential and priority of new projects.
• Attends IR-4, grower, and professional meetings, make presentations and join committees of appropriate groups.
• Assists study directors and coordinators in completion of projects and work sin a cooperative manner with other individuals at Headquarters and Regional offices and elsewhere.
• Completes other task and duties to support the office and research programs.
Position Status Full Time
Hours Per Week
Daily Work Shift Day
Annual Minimum Salary 63468.000
Annual Mid Range Salary 80334.500
Annual Maximum Salary 97201.000
Standard Hours 37.50
Union Description Admin Assembly (MPSC)
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment Staff – 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Entomology or in a related scientific field (Horticulture, Pest Management, etc.)
• Also requires a minimum of five years’ experience in research with pest management technology and/or preparing and/or submitting data to regulatory agencies; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Exceptional written, organizational and verbal communication skills.
• Must be capable to multi-task and have the ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with researchers, representatives from crop protection companies and grower/commodity organizations.
• Strong knowledge and ability in using computers to complete job functions.
• Master of Science degree in Entomology or related scientific field is strongly preferred.
• Practicable knowledge and documented training in Good Laboratory Practice regulations, an understanding of US and worldwide regulations for pesticide registration, and the ability to judge whether regulatory requirements have been met when reviewing the data.
• Ideal candidate will have experience within the land grant university, research/extension system, or the crop protection industry in pest management for specialty crops.
• Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel), Adobe Acrobat, web-based custom data systems for QA audit responses and for project management as well as scanners/copiers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• The majority of work is performed in an office setting.
• There is an expectation that this position requires some overnight travel to meet with regulatory authorities, company contacts and other stakeholder groups.
Posting Number 17ST3419
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional Campus Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus Off Campus
Location Details IR-4 Project HQ, Princeton, NJ
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is university policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment. For additional information please see the Non-Discrimination Statement at the following web address: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/non-discrimination-statement
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
List of References