We are pleased to announce the release of the 2017 Agricultural Food and Research Initiative (AFRI) Foundational Program request for applications. The Agricultural Economics and Rural Communities program area (AERC) has several grant opportunities you or your colleagues may be interested in. Some new features to this year’s offering include:
- New program entitled: Social Implications of Emerging Technologies
- Assess the broad social, ethical, legal and other potential impacts that gene drive/genome editing technologies may pose for society, agricultural markets, consumer preferences, and other domains.
- We are accepting both integrated and research only projects for both the Small and Medium-sized Farms and Innovations for Rural Entrepreneurs and Communities
We will provide a brief overview of the AERC program and new features in a webinar. We invite you to participate in the webinar:
- AFRI Request for Applications Webinar: Agricultural Economics and Rural Communities
- Date: May 17 from 1:00 to 2:00PM EST
- Link: http://nifa-connect.nifa.usda.gov/afri-aerc-2017/
- Audio conference line: 888-844-9904/ access code 1370436
The session will be interactive and we will be able to address your questions online. We will also record the session and make the presentation and recorded webinar available for those unable to attend.