The Vice Provost – Cooperative Extension is a key position that provides oversight and coordination for the academic review process. In addition, the person in this position will provide leadership and vision for our network of county leaders and how we partner with counties, seeking to strengthen these partnerships going forward while providing support to UC ANR county leaders. Chris Greer will continue to fulfill the duties of the Vice Provost until June 30.
The ideal candidate will be a leader who
- understands the complexity of our county partnerships and the county-by-county needs across California;
- can create, gain buy-in to and deploy a vision to support Cooperative Extension county leadership and facilitate their success;
- appreciates the breadth in program areas within UC Cooperative Extension;
- has extensive personnel experience with academic hiring and merit and promotion processes; and
- can quickly get up to speed, building on his or her past demonstrated expertise in Extension and academia.
The Vice Provost – Cooperative Extension position is an ongoing recruitment until the position is filled. Please talk with colleagues who fit this description and encourage them to apply for this important leadership role.