Outreach Coordinator, Partnership for Ag Resource Management
New outreach coordinator position available with an independent non-profit organization working to improve agriculture and communities through Integrated Pest Management (IPM), nutrient management and other best practices. Primary responsibilities include leading outreach and co-coordinating the Partnership for Ag Resource Management project, www.partnershipfarm.org, to improve water quality and soil health in the Great Lakes Basin. The outreach coordinator will work to build and maintain strong relationships with both public and private partners, including ag retailers.
The ideal candidate will be persistent and outgoing and have experience in agriculture and/or environmental stewardship.
1. Establish and maintain productive working relationships with ag retailers, growers, and other public and private stakeholders.
2. Represent the program to agencies, organizations and the general public.
3. Co-coordinate development and implementation of program including establishing and meeting objectives, timelines and budgets; partner support, and reporting to funders and collaborators.
4. Participate in strategic planning.
5. Maintain a working knowledge of challenges, opportunities and trends in agricultural stewardship and the ag retail industry.
6. Report to director.
Experience and qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree or above in agricultural science, environmental studies or a related field with nonprofit experience.
2. Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking, outreach and decision-making skills. Experience managing successful outreach/marketing/sales efforts a plus.
3. Highly motivated and self-directed.
4. Demonstrated commitment to environmental stewardship and ag resource management.
5. Ability to work creatively and adaptively to achieve end goals.
Flexible schedule in a casual office, 30 to 40 hours per week. $16-$19/hr commensurate with experience. Benefits available include health insurance, dental, SIMPLE IRA plan and paid time off. Office is located in downtown Madison, WI, on bus routes.
Submit a resume, salary history, list of three professional references, and cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position to Jill Carlson at email@example.com or the address below. We will not contact references without prior approval. All applications will be held in confidence. The position will remain open until filled.