West Central Research and Extension Director
The University of Nebraska is seeking candidates for the position of West Central Research and Extension Director. Located in North Platte, NE, this administrative position serves as the administrator of the West Central Research and Extension Center and West Central Extension District for the Cooperative Extension Division and the Agricultural Research Division in a 24-county area. Develops and implements a robust and relevant vision for the district in ways that contribute to research, extension and IANR vision, mission and priorities. Serves as a change agent to evolve programs, resources and human capacity. Engages leaders and organizations in the district and beyond to identify forward-looking opportunities to inform district and state priorities. This position is administratively responsible to the Deans and Directors of the Cooperative Extension Division and the Agricultural Research Division, and the IANR Vice Chancellor/Vice President. Faculty rank and tenure will be available to interested candidates with a terminal degree and appropriate academic accomplishments.
1. Builds human capital.
2. Leads planning, development and delivery of innovative and translational research and extension programs and projects, particularly those unique to the region.
3. Develops and sustains resource development.
4. Fosters internal and external relationships (county boards, advisory groups, commodity groups, stakeholders) based on effective communication and strong follow-through.
5. Manages property and resources.
6. Practices highly effective public relations.
A Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree in a discipline or field relevant to the diverse research and extension work conducted at the West Central Research and Extension Center. Significant and successful extension and/or research experience.
Administrative experience, including direct supervision of staff, budgets, expenditures, and program development preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• The University of Nebraska offers a benefits package that makes available to the employee group life, health, and disability insurance and family coverage programs; TIAA/CREF and/or Fidelity Investment fund retirement plans; excellent vacation and sick leave plans; and staff and dependent tuition remission.
To view the details and make application, go to this site. Search for position #F_160016. Click on “Apply for this job.” Complete the application and attach a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin on April 1, 2016, and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Nebraska‐Lincoln is committed to a pluralistic campus community through affirmative action, equal opportunity, work‐life balance, and dual careers. See this website.