From IPM in the South
By Rosemary Hallberg
The turf industry is facing many challenges in terms of changes in climate, regulations, pest populations, technology. The objective of this symposium is to present and discuss what these challenges will be in the future and how the industry is positioning themselves to overcome them. Speakers have been chosen to represent a broad range of disciplines.
In the afternoon, research conducted by graduate students and post-docs associated with the Center for Environmental Research and Education at NCSU to address some of these issues will be presented. See the website for more information.
The symposium will be held at the NC State University Club (4200 Hillsborough St. Raleigh NC 27606)
This event is free of charge but pre-registration is required. Please register here.
- Bob Harriman, Vice President, Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
- Renee Keese, Biology Project Leader, BASF Corporation
- Mark Schmidt, Manager of Global University Relations, John Deere
- Tom Rufty, Distinguished Professor, NCSU, Environmental Plant Biology
- David Shew, Phillip Morris Professor, NCSU, Plant Pathology
- Fred Yelverton, Extension Specialist, Weed Science
The symposium will be streamed live online for those unable to attend in person. To attend the symposium via streaming, you will need to register here. Please notice that the link for live streaming will be sent out Wednesday, Dec. 13 5 pm EST. You must be registered by Tuesday, Dec. 12 in order to receive the link.