Longwood Gardens in the living legacy of Pierre S. du Pont, inspiring people through excellence in garden design, horticulture, education, and the arts. Our values of excellence, professional leadership, fiscal alignment, stewardship, and community engagement are the principles that guide our priorities, behavior, and decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct large tree sprays and other pesticide applications throughout the
- Helps to train and direct IPM personnel: staff, students, volunteers, and contractors
- Assists the IPM specialist by scouting for and monitoring pest populations and evaluating cultural, biological, mechanical, and chemical control strategies to reduce pests to tolerable
- Safe operation and maintenance of all IPM sprayers and
- Assists with the management of all aspects of Longwood Gardens’ pesticide safety program.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in entomology, plant pathology, or horticulture equivalent with two years experience working in landscape and/or greenhouse horticulture with special emphasis in pest management scouting, diagnosis, and treatment to a variety of ornamental
- Must obtain a commercial driver’s license – Class B within 6 months of
- Aerial lift, tractor, and forklift experience a plus
- Must obtain a PA Pesticide applicator’s license – categories 06 (landscape and ornamental), 09 (aquatics), 10 (right of way/weeds), 23 (parks/schools)
- Good time management, organizational, and observation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience maintaining small engines and operating spray equipment
- Fluent with Microsoft office and strong communication skills with the ability to present to diverse
- Must be able to effectively communicate with greenhouse growers, gardeners, and guests.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education and experience for this full-time, permanent position. Incumbent will have the opportunity to participate in Longwood’s comprehensive and competitive benefit programs.
To Apply: Search will continue until a suitable candidate is found. For full consideration, send a letter addressing pertinent qualifications, curriculum vitae or resume; and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references to: Longwood Gardens, Inc., Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 501, Kennett Square, PA 19348-0501. Fax (610) 388-5495; or e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more about job opportunities at Longwood Gardens please refer to our website www.longwoodgardens.org.