The Equine Program and Facility Manager position is an integrated teaching and management appointment between MAES and the College of Agriculture and will oversee MSU’s equine programs and facilities at the BART location at MSU Bozeman. The successful candidate will work closely with the Department of Animal and Range Sciences faculty, Department Head, and MAES Livestock Operations management team to ensure a safe, functional and premier environment for students and livestock. Additionally, the successful candidate will collaborate/lead program development and oversight for creating the leading science-based equine program in the Northwest. We are excited to announce this truly exceptional career opportunity in a dynamic, academic growth environment. The successful candidate will work to positively advance the Department of Animal & Range Sciences and build the MSU Equine Program and Brannaman Center of Horsemanship brand by helping to develop and represent our strengths and mission.
- S.in Animal/Equine Sciences or closely related field.
- Demonstrated experience with equine handling, behavior, husbandry and modern management knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing facilities.
- Experience teaching equestrian and/or other courses at the college level.
- Demonstrated experience supervising employees, primarily undergraduate student employees.
For questions regarding this position, please contact
Dr. Patrick Hatfield