“The response has been dismal to date and we need your help NOW to support our advocacy strategy for our FY 2018 federal funding request. Only 51 letters have been submitted across the entire system as of Tuesday, June 27.” Deadline July 10, 2017.
Please circulate this message and encourage as many of your faculty and staff as possible to complete the e-mail letter. Please share this message with your stakeholders and advocacy groups and encourage them to watch the video and complete the e-mail letter. Time is short and these e-mail letters need to be sent by JULY 10, 2017.
Thanks much for your active participation in this important effort – we simply have to do better than we have to date if we are to make a strong case for increased federal funding at NIFA.
Interim Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Diversity
TIME FOR ACTION: Send Your Message to Congress on APLU’s Budget Request for NIFA
As you know, the Communications and Marketing Committee of the Board on Agriculture Assembly launched the Redefining American Agriculture for the 21st Century video last week to market the land-grant university system and boost support for increased federal support for agriculture. The video directs viewers to AgAction.org, which is a portal that makes it extremely easy for you and other supports to write their Members of Congress urging support for APLU’s budget request of a $200-million increase in the National Institute of Food and Agriculture’s (NIFA) capacity programs and the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative.
YOUR ACTION ON THIS IS NEEDED NOW!
Dr. Alan L. Grant, Chair of the BAA Budget and Advocacy Committee has asked me to share with you what you need to do now:
- View the video at: Redefining American Agriculture for the 21st Century
- Go to org and take 2 minutes to fill in the simple form with your e-mail address and zip code and then press send
(this will send your message to your Member(s) of Congress)
- Promote the video and action on Facebook and Twitter – a sample message has been crafted for your use –
- Facebook: We research today, to impact your tomorrow. Watch this video showing the importance of #LGUimpact: bit.ly/agisamerica
- Twitter: We research today, to impact your tomorrow. Check out this video highlighting our #LGUimpact: bit.ly/agisamerica #AgAction
- Sharing through other communication channels such as your website or blog. The YouTube video is available here for you to embed
- Sharing with your university’s social media channels outside of the College of Agriculture
- Sharing with your alumni newsletter.