Innovative Pest Management was founded in 1992 by its owner, Richard D. Kramer, Ph.D. a Board Certified Entomologist who is a retired U.S. Army LTC with 22 years’ experience as a Preventive Medicine Entomologist. We strive for excellence in customer service and are one of the fastest growing full-service residential and commercial pest management companies in the DC metro area. The company is a 48-person full service pest control company offering termite, general household, bird and wildlife pest management services to government, commercial and residential properties, for example, USDA, Holocaust Memorial Museum, Smithsonian Museum National Gallery of Art, American University, The George Washington University, Fort Belvoir Military Base, and DC Convention Center to name a few.
We are seeking a full-time entomologist who enjoys hands-on-problem solving, educating staff and clients about pest management, and providing exceptional customer service. As one of our entomologists your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting and participating in bimonthly company training
- Advising clients and service personnel on pest management
- Providing pest identifications for technicians and
- Evaluating pest management
- Assisting commercial and residential managers in assessing pest management practices and recommending procedural changes to improve operations and customer
- Training technicians and assisting them in becoming certified pesticide applicators and ACEs.
- Developing new service techniques for structural pest
- Developing, coordinating and conducting public awareness and educational programs on pest management.
- Serving as the entomologist fulfilling contractual requirements for the National Gallery of Art, Smithsonian Institution various collections, and the S. Department of Agriculture and other contracts requiring the services of an entomologist.
- Conducting quality assurance inspections for key
What we are looking for:
- BS in Biology/Entomology (Masters/Doctorate in Entomology Preferred).
- An entomologist willing to pursue their ACE and subsequently their BCE
- Self-motivated individual who can work
- An individual comfortable with public speaking and able to effectively communicate with the public, customers, technicians and
- Professional appearance and
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Experience and/or course work in insect identification and pest management
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving
What we offer:
- Salary range: $40,000 to $65,000 (depends on experience and degree)
- Benefit Package (medical, dental, LTD, and life insurances)
- Paid time off
- Company cell phone
- Company vehicle
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join our team we’d like to talk to you. Call Innovative Pest Management, Inc. at 240-755-0077 and ask to speak to Josh Kramer, President, or Richard Kramer, Ph.D., BCE or email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.