Today, EPA in conjunction with the Pesticide Educational Resources Collaborative (PERC) is making available a guide to help users of agricultural pesticides comply with the requirements of the 2015 revised federal Worker Protection Standard. You should read this manual if you employ agricultural workers or handlers, are involved in the production of agricultural plants as an owner/manager of an agricultural establishment or a commercial (for-hire) pesticide handling establishment, or work as a crop advisor.
This “How to Comply” manual includes:
- details to help you determine if the WPS requirements apply to you;
- information on how to comply with the WPS requirements, including exceptions, restrictions, exemptions, options, and examples;
- “Quick Reference Guide”- a list of the basic requirements (excluding exemptions, exceptions, etc.);
- new or revised definitions that may affect your WPS responsibilities; and
- explanations to help you better understand the WPS requirements and how they may apply to you.
This updated 2016 WPS How to Comply Manual supersedes the 2005 version. Changes to the standard have made the 2005 version obsolete. Read the Pesticide Worker Protection Standard “How to Comply” Manual.