The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) Calls for Interns at the PestWorld 2016 Convention & Exhibition
Application deadline is Thursday, Sept. 15
The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) calls for applicants to their internship program in conjunction with PestWorld 2016, Oct. 18-21 at the Washington Convention Center in Seattle, Washington. PestWorld is the largest annual gathering in the world of pest management professionals and draws thousands of participants representing every area of the pest management industry.
Who: Founded in 1933, the NPMA is a trade organization with close to 7,000 member companies.
NPMA calls for applicants to the PestWorld 2016 Internship Program. Internship opportunities are open to any undergraduate or graduate student (at least 21 years of age) interested in a career in pest management; any majors are acceptable from science to marketing to business management. Candidates will be selected based on the applicant’s statement of interest in the industry and NPMA’s intention to select a cross section of students from varying fields and schools.
What: In exchange for working at the PestWorld 2016 convention under the direction of NPMA professional staff, interns will receive:
- One full registration for the entire four day meeting, which includes an educational program, general sessions with keynote presentations, exhibit hall admission, and meal functions, including receptions. Interns will be encouraged to participate in all PestWorld 2016 activities when not assigned work tasks.
- Lodging (double assigned occupancy) plus breakfast and lunch each day.
- $250 cash stipend to help with expenses.
- Opportunity to speak as part of the PestWorld 2016 educational program. PestWorld interns will have the opportunity to present a 20 minute talk about their current research as part of the 2016 Intern Showcase scheduled on Thursday, Oct. 20.
Interns must provide their own transportation to PestWorld. NPMA staff will make every effort to assign interns to areas beneficial to their future, based upon stated interests. All applications must be received by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Sept. 15. Applicants will be notified of their status via e-mail by Monday, Sept. 19.
Where: Washington Convention Center, Seattle, Washington
When: Oct. 18-21
Why: NPMA is committed to the future of the pest management and recognizes that university students are an important part of the future of the pest management industry.
For more information about NPMA and PestWorld 2016, visit:
Email the following to Jim Fredericks email@example.com by Sept. 15
- Current resume or CV
- Cover letter explaining your interest in participating in the internship program and how it will be beneficial to you career.
- Names of two academic references
- Title and 150 word synopsis of the 20 minute educational presentation you would like to present as part of the PestWorld 2016 educational program.
All applications must be received by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Sept.15. Applicants will be notified of their status via e-mail by Monday, Sept. 19.
If you have any questions, please contact NPMA at 703-352-6762 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.